Monday, 14 July 2008

The Cabin and Other News

This is quite late as I have been home from the cabin for over a week. I was just hoping to find a way to get pictures, but that's not happening at this point. My blog seems so boring without pictures, but what can you do? Anyways, the cabin was a blast! It was so nice to just hang out with Darren & Erin and their girls along with my parents. Aubrey experienced her first boat ride and got to "ride" on the quad, the wave-runner, and the street bike. She didn't last long. I think she was a little bit scared of them. She likes them from a distance though! I got to enjoy a brief street bike ride myself. My mom was quite worried about it, but I was safe (along with the baby) and it was so fun! I miss street biking a lot. After a few days full of fun my dad left Wednesday night and the Cahoon Clan left Thursday afternoon so it was just my mom and I until Saturday. We were there for July 4th so we went into town for the parade. To be completely honest, it was the lamest parade I had ever seen, but it was Aubrey's first one so she didn't know the difference. She clapped through a lot of it and she was singled out for candy a few times. She didn't get to eat any of it, but it was sweet of the men who gave it to her anyway. She was a little bit scared of the sirens from the fire trucks and police cars. We did enjoy ourselves none the less. You'll have to check out Erin's blog about the cabin trip. She takes fantastic pictures and she even included a cute one of Aubrey on there.


As for the "other news", Aubrey is officially walking! It's about time as she has been walking between people since she was 10 months and "cruising" along furniture since about the same time as well. She's all over the place now and so busy. It's pretty fun. I have a clip of it on my video camera but the ironic thing is that the USB cord is missing for it. I have found my ol' point and shoot, so maybe (hopefully) I can get some pictures and footage off that.

On Saturday I was able to spend the day with Chris' family. Chris' uncle Roy and aunt Shannon along with their daughter Kyra were sealed in the temple. It was beautiful and I was so glad that I got to be there with them.

Chris is still in VA selling and Aubrey and I miss him so much. Aubrey cries for him whenever she is mad at me. She also points at his picture and says "dada" so she definitely hasn't forgotten him. We can't wait until he gets home! Only 6 more weeks (approximately) until he's home! I'm home alone again as my parents are on a cruise in Alaska but it's only for 5 more days and Aubrey and I are doing great so far.

Here are some pictures from the day I made bows with Jessica and Liv just before I left VA (pictures compliments of Jessica). They're dang cute! Liv made the bow that Aubrey is wearing...







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys made it home safely! Hope we get to see you soon. Aubrey is looking so big and her looks are changing a lot!

Kelli Olsen

Ashley Smith said...

So glad you guys had fun at the lake!!

kelsey said...

i can't believe how big aubrey is! or that she's walking. you'll be busy chasing after her!

Woods said...

She's finally walking! What a big girl. We miss you guys!

carly said...

That last picture is so beautiful of your princess! I am coming to the motherland!! and I will forsure be making a day trip to Raymond.... I don't know what day yet but it will be sometime the first week of August! Will you be around!? i am guessing so since you are about to have your baby! Love you! I am glad you got to go to the cabin looks and sounds like it was so fun!

Anonymous said...

wanna know how blonde i am..... it took me until right this second to get "team chrash" as in chris and ashley...wow i feel so dumb, and even dumber for admitting it! lol