Monday, 1 December 2008

Happenings



Another month has flown by. I simply can't believe it. Jensen has reached that "golden age" where he is full of giggles and grins. He "talks" a lot and lets out a squeal every so often. I just love it. Jensen has also discovered his hands in the last couple of weeks and just stares at them constantly. It's so funny to watch as he moves his hand around slowly and his eyes follow it everywhere. When Aubrey discovered her hands, they immediately went to her mouth and didn't leave it for months. It was the same thing when she found her foot. One way Jensen is like Aubrey is he likes to "stand" on our laps a lot. He also likes to be held facing out so that he can see the world just like Aubrey did. He's a fabulous sleeper too! He now goes to bed sometime between 7 and 8, wakes up around 5, sometimes even 6, then goes right back to sleep after being fed and sleeps until 9. It's heaven. I think it must be genetics.



Aubrey turns 18 months old on Friday. Weird. She went to Nursery on Sunday for the first time and absolutely loved it! She didn't want to leave! I was never worried about how she would do because she rarely plays shy, she shares well, and has never hit another child. I think the nursery leaders liked her too! One of them told me that she was easy. My brother-in-law Darcy is in my ward and he went and checked on Aubrey 4 times and picked her up. What can I say? He adores her. He's only human. I guess one of the times he checked on her, some of the other kids had dumped out a box of blocks and Aubrey went over and started putting them away one at a time. Ha! Too bad she doesn't do that at home. She also was carrying around a doll at one point and patting it's back as she walked around. That is something she does at home all the time. She picks up on so much. Chris and I really have to watch what we say. She started saying "oh shoot" the other day. (Do I say that?)

In other news, I'm leaving on a jet plane! This year for Christmas all of my siblings (hopefully - I'm still waiting to hear if my sister Wendy is coming) and most of their spouses and children are going down to St. George. We're having a big Cahoon family reunion too. It's going to be a blast! I haven't been this excited for Christmas in a long time. I fly out with Aubrey and Jensen on the 17th (yep, I'm doing it on my own; wish me luck!) and then Chris drives down to meet us on the 23rd. I think we'll be coming home the 3rd of January. Hooray!

14 comments:

ec said...

what? wendy MIGHT be coming? i had no idea...is it all of them? i need details. i'll call ya soon.

and for the record, i told darren to call you a bazillion times. men;)

and chris will be there for christmas! so great.

your kids are cute. can't wait to get my hands on that little jensen.

Kristy said...

Cute kids Ashley!!!

The Samples Sampler said...

Two kids and an airplane ride??!?! Good luck! Ha! I am sure you will do fine. It sounds like your kids are well behaved.

kelsey said...

you are so lucky with the little sleepers! doesn't it just change everything when you get a good night's sleep? lol. love chris's Christmas beard! ha.
good luck on the plane. maybe i'll get to see you before you leave.

Mason Clan said...

I cant wait for the reunion!!! It is going to be a BLAST!

Mason Clan said...

I cant wait for the reunion!!! It is going to be a BLAST!

Amber said...

Wendy! I didn't know either...Wendy, are you out there? Japes..is it true? Woohoo! :)
I'll be in line for Jensen, and Aubrey too! :)

Skye said...

No kidding they think she's easy! They have had Stratton in there for quite awhile....i'm sure most kids are easy compared to him. I'm so glad she loved it!!!

carly said...

how fun you all get to party down in St george! I will miss you by like three days! your kiddos are so sweet! Love ya. hope all is well.

The Lowry's said...

How fun. I think it would be fun to spend Christmas away somewhere together with family. That's great that Jensen is sleeping so well. Yahoo for you! (Bryce is back to sleeping through the night again - yeah)
You hear so many stories of how their kids don't like nursery so another yeah for you!

Ashley Smith said...

So I am jealous of your kids. I had to fight for MONTHS to get even close to that much sleep. Take LOTS of treats and small toys you'll be fine on the plane.

Ryan and Amanda said...

Good luck on the plane, Ashley! I'll be thinking of you!

Mrs. Alston said...

Hello! I amidst my blog stalking, i stumbled across yours!! someone I actually know (remember me, Krystal, from super saturday!!!)

I was like, oh, i know someone who has a baby named Jensen...then i kept reading and was like, wait she has a daughter Aubrey too!!!....then i put two and two together!!!

Oh, and Aubrey was a doll in nursery. we played with some playdough, and she didnt seem to get that though, she just kinda sat their with it! it was pretty cute.

Kelli Olsen said...

Have fun in St. George with your family! We'll miss you guys! we need to do a girls night in january.