Friday, 27 February 2009

C'est La Vie



I know. It's been quite a while. The main reason is because the things I want to blog about, I'm not allowed. Not until Chris has everything... I don't know, done? Not really the right word, but it'll do for now. I'm also feeling "blah" about my blog. As you can see, it's under construction right now. I want to find a catchy title, a cute header, and a cute layout, and I just don't seem to be feeling anything I find. Silly, I know. Too much time on my hands? Not really. I'm just really good at wasting time. I like checking blogs and fiddling with my own, but I do it at the wrong times. Take now for instance. Both my kids are napping, my hubby is out working hard, the house is VERY quiet, but it is a DISASTER. We are having a few friends over tonight too. What should I be doing? Cleaning. Baking cookies. What am I doing? wasting time. I seem to have a huge problem with that. I am a procrastinator. Always have been. I sure hope that "I always will be" is not the next part of that statement. I want to change. I really do. It's up to me, I know it is and I know I can do it! It's just a matter of starting... One thing I will throw in that I think I do right is that I avoid the computer when my kids are awake (unless Chris is home in the middle of the day... oops). When they are awake, my attention is on them. It's pretty fun.

The kids are doing great. Aubrey seems to get older everyday and it's weirding me out. Since when did my sweet little baby girl become a toddler of mayhem? (Just kidding. She's a really good girl. Just busy). It was just the other day that I took a good look at her and realized that she wasn't a baby anymore. She is talking. And quite well for her age I might add. She makes us laugh all the time and I wish I was better at writing down the things she says because I have already forgotten some things and I know I'll forget the rest later. She does have a slight obsession with my sister-in-law Jessica and I frequently get the question, "mommy, where's Jessica?" The usual answer is at work or at home, but sometimes, when I get tired of hearing the question, I'll say that I don't know or I'll turn the question around to her. Aubrey's reply: "uh oh!" She also loves to pretend to talk on the phone. It's usually to grandma "in St. George" (yeah, Chris taught her where my mom is) or papa "in Uganna" (Uganda). She has really great conversations with them on her pretend phone; "Hi gamma! How are you? I love you. I miss you. See ya!" But when it comes to the real thing, she slips into a trance and will thrown in a quiet "yeah" here an there. Actually, she is getting better.

Jensen had a Dr's appointment yesterday. It went really well. The nurses there just loved him and he was definitely putting on a show. He has started to babble and is way social. He'll go to anyone. And his smiles... so sweet. He's just an all around happy kid. My dr said there was nothing I could do to get this boy any healthier. That sure makes a mama feel good! He weighs 21lbs 14oz which is just a smidgen above the top line in the 95th percentile. He's been following that line right along. If he follows the trend, by one year he should weigh 28lbs. My arms are dying as it is! I hope he starts walking soon! Ha! He's not even sitting up yet, so I think we have a while. I'm hoping that he'll start crawling right away though. It's funny to me how with Aubrey, I didn't want her to grow up at all, but with Jensen, I'm anxious for the next milestone. I think I'm just excited for him and Aubrey to play together and for Jensen to be able to entertain himself for a bit. He's a kid that loves to be held and entertained almost all of the time. It's okay though. I sure do enjoy him!

As for Chris and I, we're looking forward to finally getting out of our condo! We are hoping to have it up for sale by the end of next week and sold by the middle-end of April. I know that sounds like quite an unreachable goal, especially with the economy and markets the way they are, but honestly, I'm not worried. The longest I have ever seen one of these condos up for sale is 3 weeks. The best part is there aren't any other's up for sale at the moment! This place has been fairly good to us, but it is definitely better for single students. It gets loud. Especially on the weekends. It's a fourplex so 2 of our walls are touching other condos, both of which are full of single boys. Can you say loud and obnoxious? And they are partiers. One of them likes rap and he likes the bass up high so that our place rattles, not just his. All the complaints I have about our neighbors could take up and entire post in and of itself (in fact I did do one but I never posted it), but really, I shouldn't complain. We have a roof over our heads and it's not like the guys are being purposefully rude and they aren't destructive. It's just student life, right? So what is next for us, you ask? That is what I am not allowed to fully disclose at this point. Chris still has a few things to figure out/tidy up. But for the first time in my entire married life, I am excited for the summer. No apprehensions. It's going to be fabulous so stay tuned! I can say that this fall brings us back to good ol' Raytown. We're going to be living in my parent's newly built home while Chris heads back to the U of L. He is changing his major from neuroscience (he was going to be a dentist) to management because he loves sales and is really good at it. Do what you love, right? I think it's a good fit for him. I personally can't believe I'm going back to Raymond, I promised myself I NEVER would, but I think it will be good for us as a young family. At least there is an end in sight. Living at my parent's house just works out for both parties because they are gone for the winter and we are gone for the summer so there is only about 1-2 months of overlap at a time. But truth be told, my parent's are gone more than they are around anyway. I have come to think of it as house sitting, but we're paying to do it... But I would live with my parent's full time anyway. We just get along that well. Plus I think they could help whip me into shape. They wouldn't let me be so lazy.

So that is a little update on our lives. Sorry it's so long and boring. Hence the random picture at the top, just to spice things up a bit...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the background and update. Where did you get your background? Sounds like all is going well with you. Love ya!

kelsey said...

not long. or boring. i've been dying for an update! funny how we rely on these things, eh? i'm excited for you guys, for whatever the future holds. i can't wait to hear about your summer plans. do what you love, indeed. we've definitely found that out in our lives as well. everyone is happier!!!
more pics please. . . lol.

Anonymous said...

missed ya!

The Samples Sampler said...

I love the new layout! It's great!

Skye said...

What do you mean you're leaving? What's with everyone going to Raymond?!?!?! Really?! Not happy. Anyways, i'm the opposite about the milestones, i was dying for Stratton to reach each one, and i'm trying to hold Ayla back! Sad isn't it? Love the new look on the blog. Super cute!

Ashley Smith said...

I have the same time wasting problem, that is so me, and I feel so guilty, but..... you understand. lol. loved the update. We aren't getting pics done until the fall but I am planning to see you. Yes I did find her blog off of yours. I'm excited for your suprises.

kyleandtaryn said...

Definitely not long or boring I loved it! We NEED to hang out because I want to see you and play with your little munchkins...they are SO CUTE! I was reading this post and I am going through EXACTLY the same things...messy house, total procrastination. We should work on this goal together, I'll keep you updated. This is seriously my year for change, my motto "09 is mine." Cheesy? Maybe, but if it gets my butt in gear then I'm all for it! Can't wait to hear what you're not allowed to tell!!!

ec said...

do i already know what you're not allowed to tell? or is this something completely different?

glad to finally hear from you...

as for when i'm available. if you call and i'm not around, leave a message. i always return messages. i never, however, check caller id. so leave us a message!

love you guys...

The Lowry's said...

Good update. Can't wait to hear what your plans are! It wasn't long or boring at all.

Amber said...

I know the secret...she's pregnant! Just kidding! Wouldn't I feel like a jerk if that is really it though. ;)

Cute picture at the top and background!