Exhibit A

(You'll have to turn your head or monitor as the program I have won't let me rotate the picture no matter how many times I try)
Exhibit B
She is still sleeping on her "big girl" bed and it's going great! She doesn't get off of it until the morning and when she wakes up she just plays quietly with her toys until she's ready to come out. When she's ready, she calls "mommy!" and I simply go get her. It's a fabulous set up. However, I don't completely trust her in her room full of toys during nap time so I have her nap in my bed. It's the darkest room during the day, the bed is very high so she doesn't try to get off, and there is little of temptation in the room. Or so I thought... Aubrey has figured out light switches and she loves to turn them on and off. My bedside lamp has one of her favorite switches to play with. The lamp is not on a bedside table, as there isn't one in the room, but on a little ledge that comes off the wall. So one afternoon, when I was putting her down for her nap, I just moved the lamp out of her reach. What a dumb idea. Not five minutes after I had left the room, Chris and I heard a crash and then a wail. I sent Chris down to go check on her and shortly after he brought up my bashed up little girl. I felt horrible! She tried to reach for the lamp, slipped, hit her eye on the corner of the ledge and fell to the floor. At least I put pillows on the floor so she had a soft landing. I just cuddled her for a bit and asked Chris to get the camera out so that we could get a picture. He thought I was mean, but as soon as he pulled it out she sat up and said, "cheese!" She's tough like that.A couple of weeks ago, during Relief Society, I was pulled out as Aubrey had a very poopy diaper. After I changed it we started the little trek down the hallway back to the nursery. Aubrey was folding her arms and being sweet and reverent so I decided to strike up a conversation.
Me: Aubrey, how is nursery going?
A: Good. Playdough, puzzles, bubbles.
Me: So you're having fun?
A: Yeah.
Me: What did you learn about today?
A: Heavenly Father. And Jesus.
A: Good. Playdough, puzzles, bubbles.
Me: So you're having fun?
A: Yeah.
Me: What did you learn about today?
A: Heavenly Father. And Jesus.
So I guess they do learn things in nursery after all.
Lately she will raise her little pointer to me and say, "just one mommy." I think she got that from me telling her she could take "just one candy." See, good memory.
She can sing her ABC's all the way through. You can't understand most of it, but it's pretty good.
She loves to sing and knows quite a few primary songs. Her favorite primary song to sing is "My Heavenly Father Loves Me." She also likes to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and "Rock-a-bye." Hilarious.
I really need to record this girl in action...


5 comments:
It was fun to get to know Aubrey a little better! We miss her! That is a pretty awesome battle scar she has there. Yikes!
what a little smarty pants. i am not looking forward to all the bumps and bruises, but they're already coming, thick and fast! ha. i am also glad to hear they are learning something in nursery!
What a scary looking bump. Isn't it funny how the worst looking ones seem to bother them the least. Lizzy counts all out of order still so you are doing great!!
wow she has grown so much!! what a doll.
Your kids are ADORABLE!!! Aubrey is looking so grown up, and ok, Jensens chub... couldn't be cuter!!
Post a Comment