Wednesday, 27 October 2010

Summer '10 Rundown Part II

July 1st
The kids and I headed down south for the July 1st festivities in Raymond. We spent the morning with the Shurtz group to watch the parade and have brunch and then it was off to my Aunt's house to have lunch with the Jensen group.

Aubrey trying out riding a tricycle while waiting for the parade to start.

She got to sit with her favorite cousin Emma.

Jensen with one of his favorite people, uncle Darcy.

He really enjoyed the eating his candy while watching the parade.


The Cabin
After our afternoon at my Aunt's house on July 1st the kids and I headed to the cabin with my dad for our first cabin trip of the summer! My mom, Jess, and Cheryl joined us the next day. The weather was quite cool and rainy while we were there so we didn't get to do much boating but we still had a lot of fun!
Jensen is such a boy and loves all of grandpa's "toys" and riding on them!



This was Aubrey's first and last boat ride of the summer. After this she decided she didn't like the boat because "it goes too fast."

My mom and I took Aubrey with us when we went to look at furniture. She made friends with this dog that was at one of the stores we went to!


At the beginning of August we had Cabin trip #2! We got to join my parents and my sister Amber and her kids who were visiting all the way from Florida! We got a bit nicer weather this time so we were able to enjoy the lake a little more.
Jensen got to try his hand at driving the boat with Grandpa. He loved it of course.

The boating wore Jensen right out!



He loved this scooter and actually uses it properly! He figured it out before Aubrey did!

Aubrey loves to help her grandpa. He she is helping him wash his car with the pressure washer.

We had a girl's (plus Jensen) outing one day and Aubrey fell asleep on her favorite person of the week, Amber, on the way.

It was so fun to get to spend that time with Amber and her cute kids. I can't wait to do it again!

The Calgary Zoo
The APX Red Deer office was sent up to Lloydminster for a week so that meant that I was completely husbandless in Red Deer. My sister-in-law, Candace, and I decided to take a day trip with the kids to the Calgary zoo! We had a great time and the kids loved it! We also met up with one of my good friends, Ashley Nicole (we're kindred spirits because of our name) and her 3 cute kids. It was so fun to see them!



Aubrey and Elizabeth were insta best friends!

On a side note, Aubrey had either a croup attack or an asthma attack or a combination of both that night. Thankfully I was able to take Jensen to Candace's place while I took Aubrey to the Emergency. We waited from 1 am until 4:30 am to see a doctor and by the time he got there, she was completely better. I should have just stayed home! The doctor (who happened to be from Three Hills and knew my parents) did tell me that if it was an asthma attack, it doesn't necessarily mean that she has asthma. She hasn't had a problem since. Thank goodness!

A Trip Home
On one of our trips home Uncle Darcy took Jensen go-carting! Jensen absolutely loved it. Aubrey could have gone with her Grandpa Shurtz, but she really didn't want to go. The go-carts "go too fast."



I also got Aubrey's and Jensen's haircut done at Beaners. We had to bribe Aubrey to do it and I'm sad I did. I just wanted a slight trim to even out her hair and maybe add a few layers at the bottom but the hairdresser just kept hacking away and added some side bangs. Let's just say it took some getting used to on my part.

Jensen's haircut turned out so great and he was so good! He just sat there!


London Rae Shurtz
On August 27th Jensen and Aubrey got a new cousin. Jessica and Darcy welcomed their sweet baby girl into the world in the early hours of the morning. She is so beautiful!


Jensen's 2nd Birthday
We didn't do much for Jensen's birthday. I took the kid to the Henderson playground that we love so much and then we waited for Chris to get home. He was just coming home for the weekend for a quick break before he started post season sales for the month of September. My mom made Jensen's favorite meal (pancakes) for supper and then it was off to bed for the kids. The next morning Jensen got to open his birthday present from Chris and I before Chris had to take off. That evening I took an ice cream cake over to Shurtz's to share with them which Jensen didn't even like and then Jensen opened his gifts from them. Hopefully next year we'll get to make a bigger deal for him!



2 comments:

Kelli Olsen said...

ha ha ha...got to love that tricycle with no seat! Loved the update. Can't wait to see you and Carter. Hope your doing well!

ec said...

glad to see you're catching up ... finally! looking forward to some more pics of carter (hint, hint).

love you!