Medicine Hat
Because the Hat is so close, the kids and I were able to go back and forth a lot. While we were in Medicine Hat we would spend a lot of time at the Family Leisure Centre to go swimming. It is such an amazing facility and I really wish Lethbridge had something like it. Aubrey and Jensen loved to go swimming. Aubrey would play happily in the kiddie pool and Jensen would be all over the place. The boy is fearless. He would run from the kiddie pool and jump into the wave pool which is way too deep for him. I would have to tear after him to make sure I got there in time to catch him. I really need to put him in swimming lessons... We also spent quite a bit of time at the park that was about a block away from our home. It was at that park that Jensen realized his love for soccer! A couple of times a week the Tim Bits soccer teams would be playing and Jensen would try to join in. I ended up getting him his own soccer ball so that I could keep him away from the actual games.
When we were at home we would spend quite a bit of time with some of our favorite friends, Josh and Amanda! We would play at the playground and eat out together and go grocery shopping together. We even went to the Taber parade with them!
At the Taber parade. Jensen and Aubrey thought the sirens were too loud!
Our group.
Aubrey really wanted an Ariel birthday cake so I indulged and got her one. I wish i could say that I made it...
We joined Chris in Red Deer and this year we actually spent more time there than we did down south. That is an accomplishment for me! We had Candace and Connor to play with as well as with some new friends; Christi and her 4 adorable children. We kept really busy! Our apartment was fairly nice. It was clean and didn't have any mold so I can't complain too much. It did smell a bit smoky and I was allergic to it! I had to go to emergency because my asthma had gotten so bad and my puffer didn't do anything as long as I was in the apartment. I was able to get it under control after my hospital visit and all was fine.
Parks
Red Deer and area has the most fantastic parks. We went to one every nice day that we had. Unfortunately we didn't have too many days that weren't rainy. Our favorite park was Bower Ponds. It's fantastic. Too bad I didn't take any pictures of that park...
And of course we had to go to Gull lake a few times. We love it there!
I bought some chemical free sunscreen for Aubrey and Jensen. It works really well but it makes them look pasty!
Jensen stole these items from some kid that was there with a school group. He carried them around until he had to give them back which he did very reluctantly.
Discovery Canyon
The Lacombe Corn Maze! Another one of our favorites!
Auntie Candace was nice enough to take Aubrey and Jensen on the giant slide!
I love these horse tire swings. I actually had one when I was little.
Aubrey and Jensen love playing with the water pumps for the rubber duck races.
The kids watching the pig races very intently!
Aubrey LOVED this little play house. I had to force her away from it when it was time to go!
This baby goat nibbled on Jensen's fingers a little bit and he wouldn't stop talking about how the "baby goat bit me!"

2 comments:
LOVE the update and all the pictures. Looked like you guys had a very busy summer! Your kids are so cute!! Can't wait to meet your new addition!
Lots of fun. The corn maze looks like it has so many fun things to do. Have you ever been to the one near Lethbridge? I haven't, just wondering if it is good.
Post a Comment