Sunday, 6 November 2011

Halloween


(Shurtz Family - for those of you who didn't catch on. I would like to take credit for this pumpkin, but I can't.)

We had such a fun Halloween this year! It gets more and more fun as the kids get older. Our Halloween celebrations started on the Friday before. We went over to grandma and grandpa great Shurtz's house to join all the other great grandkids for some fun. Aubrey and Jensen got to do a couple of Halloween crafts (which got destroyed pretty quickly after they were done) and then all the kids got in a line to show off their costumes to grandma and grandpa great. The highlight of the evening for Aubrey and Jensen was playing in the black light lit basement with glow stick bracelets that they had hunted for. Carter didn't enjoy that bit so much though...


The kids all in their costumes! Yoday, Darth Vader, Witch. Chris came home one evening and announced that he had bought all the costumes. Good thing the kids were happy with what they got!

On Monday morning Aubrey, Jensen, and I headed to a Halloween party at my friend Jenna's house. Everything was decorated so cute! It made me feel a little more ambitious for next Halloween. Or any holiday really. I'm so lame... and my kids are starting to realize it. The party was a lot of fun! We got to meet a bunch of new friends and even got reunited with some old ones!

That evening we set out for some trick-or-treating! Our first stop was out to Keeler's farm. That was the best stop because we got to play with the tiny kittens! Oh the kids and I want to bring one home so bad! Someday we'll get our pets... someday.


Jensen especially loves cats/kittens. He always has.

We came back into town to finish off our trick or treating. We hit a couple of our family/pretty much family families around town and then did our street/cul-de-sac. I think I pushed Jensen to keep going a little too hard... He ended up tripping and was screaming bloody murder! I think it was more because he was tired and cold and not so much from being hurt. What a horrible mother I am! He got over it pretty fast when he saw his loot!

My poor mother came over to avoid handing out candy at her house and ended up handing out candy at our house while Chris and I took the kids out... Sorry mom! Thank you though! I guess we only had about 16 kids show up at our house. Apparently Trunk or Treating is becoming the thing to do instead of the real deal. Lame.

Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Our Family of Four said...

Love their costumes! Such cute kids. And I agree with you- trunk or treating is lame!

Ashley Smith said...

We noticed that trick or treating was dying out here too. Or at least it is in my parents community. It was okay by us though people gave us extra candy. Woo hoo. I love your kids costumes!

Amber said...

I love the pumpkin! So PUNNY!!

Amber said...

So cute! Look at Carter standing there as Yoda all grown up. Aaaah! I wish we didn't get trick or treaters. We get like a thousand, so I say, hooray for trunk or treating!