After being in PEI for 3 days we finally went out and saw some sights! This morning Chris and the kids and I got out of the apartment and headed to the Prince Edward Island Regiment Museum. It's free! The museum is a *collection of Prince Edward Island and Canadian military artifacts which include uniforms, pictures, medals, and badges from the 1820's to present. We took a bit of a scenic route because of construction. What we saw was definitely a beautiful area! The streets are lined with old buildings that are full of character. I could have just driven around all day! The kids weren't quite as thrilled. They just wanted to get to the museum.
The museum wasn't quite what I expected but it was still really neat. Outside, the building looks huge and there are a few tanks around. On the inside you walk into a huge empty room and then the actual museum is in a teeny, tiny room at the end. There was a bunch of different kinds of uniforms on display that were worn through the different wars, many different badges, medals, and weapons, and you could read about PEI's involvement in each war. Jensen was excited about all the weapons. Carter was most excited about the little horse figurines. The boy takes after my own heart!
When we first walked into the museum there was a mess uniform on display that reminded me of some stories that my mom had told me about my dad when he was in the military so I told Aubrey about how Grandpa Cahoon was in the military back in the day. As we looked at other things and talked a bit about the different wars Aubrey piped up and asked which war Grandpa fought in and if he fought the Germans! That girl is quite the deep thinker. I explained to her that, thankfully, Grandpa didn't fight in any of the wars but he did go through tough training just in case he did need to.
When we were done with the museum we just walked around the area and did some exploring. We stayed quite close to the shore and enjoyed the gardens and the scenery.
It was a fun outing with daddy before he had to go to work but alas, we did have to go and get him to work.
After quiet time I decided to do some exploring of the area around our apartment with the kids so that I could tire them out before bed time. We found a little gem of a playground and did some exploring of the "forest" around the playground. We had a really fun time! But when we were through I think I was more worn out than the kids.
The kids actually went to bed really quickly tonight. It is 3 hours later in PEI than it is back home and I thought the kids would have a harder time adjusting. Aubrey and Jensen got right onto the time change in a day. Carter had been going down great for naps but when it comes to bed time he has a harder time going to sleep. I think it's more because he wants to wait up for daddy than anything. He is such a daddy's boy. He has a really hard time when Chris walks out the door for work. Hopefully he gets used to it or it's going to be a LONG summer for him! And me...
*info taken from http://www.gov.pe.ca/infopei/index.php3?number=3091&lang=E




















3 comments:
So glad you are enjoying it there, and you get to be with your husband! I love your dark hair too!
I'm glad you're there safe!
I've always wanted to go...
have a great summer!
P.S. I was thinking I'd see you at RPP today - "duh." I said to myself after. See you sometime!
I hope you have such an amazing summer! Carter is SO grown up! How crazy is it that ALL the dirt there is red? When we were there I'm pretty sure all the kids clothes were stained for good haha.
Post a Comment