 |
| At the dandelion park (AKA Rankin Park) |
I can hardly believe that it has already been 2 weeks since the kids and I arrived in Prince Edward Island! The time has flown by! To be honest, most of our days are pretty much the same. We try to do something as a family in the morning which usually just ends up being grocery shopping or going to a playground as there isn't enough time in the mornings to do the really cool touristy stuff. Sunday is Chris' only day off so that is the only day we have to do big things as a family.
A week ago Sunday, was our first Sunday in PEI. We attended church at 10 am (the best time ever!) and it was so fantastic. I really love this ward already. It is such a small ward I can't believe it is considered a ward! Everyone was so welcoming. We kept getting asked if we were moving into the ward and the reaction was always one of disappointment when we told them we wouldn't be here long. The bishop asked us if we would be willing to help out anyway. It's so nice to actually be needed in a ward. I would seriously love to live somewhere where the church is small.
After church we had some lunch and then headed to "historic downtown Charlottetown" where we just wandered the streets. There are some really neat buildings. Some of my favorites are the Confederation building, the Presbyterian church, and the Anglican church. You can take tours of these buildings but they are only open for tours on weekdays so I'm hoping I can take the kids soon.
 |
| The Confederation building |
 |
| The view from the confederation building. Downtown Charlottetown sure is beautiful! |
|
|
|
|
|
After our wanderings we met up with the rest of the Vivint crew to eat some Fish n' Chips. It was so so good! And even better is that it was free (thank you Vivint)! I love when the guys hit their dinner goals.
That Sunday has been our most eventful day yet! I still haven't seen much of the island. Most of the big tourist attractions don't open until June. It doesn't help that the weather has been quite cool and cloudy and rainy. So most of what I have seen is through the window of our car as we drive to superstore.
 |
| These traffic lights are just crazy to me. Every colour is a different shape! |
 |
| Just a random fishing boat parked on land. |
 |
| A big cruise ship docked in the inlet. |
This past Saturday the kids and I and our new friend Natasha went to the farmers market to check it out. There was some pretty good stuff. We'll probably make it a tradition considering Saturdays are our longest days. Chris is off to work by 9 in the morning and he usually doesn't get home until after 10. I am not a fan of Saturdays.
The highlight for the kids over the past week and a bit has been to check the mail and then explore the apartment building and ride the elevator. We have been checking the mail daily because Aubrey was expecting a package in the mail! She finally got it yesterday! It was her birthday package from grandma Cahoon. She was so excited she couldn't wait to open it. I can't blame her! Her actual birthday is in a week from today. I can hardly believe that she is going to be 5!
1 comments:
I'm glad your having fun! It looks like a beautiful place!
Post a Comment