It's been 3 weeks since I've had a computer! It was actually a nice break but now it's time to catch up on some blogging!
On April 24th Chris left on his extremely long drive to Prince Edward Island and I was left behind to be a single parent for three weeks. I have done it for much longer so I knew I would be fine. The kids and I missed Chris a lot but we kept busy and we survived thanks to our wonderful friends and family who helped us out A LOT!
During that time Carter was hit with a very terrible flu bug. It was awful. It started not long after we arrived home. He started puking and puking and puking. He puked a lot and the puking didn't end until late Wednesday night. He wouldn't eat but when he did he would throw it up not too long after. He spent most of the time sleeping. It took a full week before Carter was himself again.
On the Monday of Carter's sickness, I got quite ill myself. To keep Aubrey and Jensen entertained, I got all the craft supplies out and let them go to town. I laid on the floor by the table to "supervise" them and I promptly fell asleep. When I woke up Aubrey and Jensen were no longer at the table. I got up to look for them and started calling them when Jensen met me at the top of the stairs with his hair looking like this:
"What on earth happened?!" I asked him. "Aubrey cut my hair!" Was his response. By this time Aubrey had joined us. All she had to say for herself was, "I didn't think you would notice!" Ha! She only cut off all his bangs (or whatever you call it for a boy) right up to the scalp. With dull children's scissors I might add. I'm just thankful it was his hair and not hers. Boys can get away with a buzz cut. Girls, not so much. He did get it fixed over a week later and it looks so much better. I was planning on buzzing both the boys' hair before the summer anyway. Jensen and Carter pull off buzz cuts quite nicely!
On Thursday afternoons the kids and I go to the Parent Link Center for our Parent Preschool class and that week was no different. Carter stayed with my mom to have a nap as he was still very sick and the big kids and I got to enjoy the afternoon together. Jensen had fallen asleep about 15 minutes before we left (remember that he's a sleepy guy) but I knew that if I didn't wake him and take him he would have quite the tantrum when he woke up so I did wake him and take him. He wasn't himself all afternoon and he kept asking for his blanket. He even came in for a little snuggle during my parent class. He did go back to his class after a bit. When I came out from my class to join the kids I found him like this:
He has fallen asleep in some pretty crazy places but this was definitely the first time he has fallen asleep at PPS. That evening he got a really high fever and did a lot of sleeping but when he woke up in the morning he was back to his normal self again. I was really thankful that there was no puking involved. Almost a week later the same thing happened to Aubrey! She was really sleepy one day and got a really high fever and then was fine the next day. No puke. Thank goodness.
It was my mom's 60th birthday on May 2nd so we celebrated it the following Saturday with my brothers' families and my family as well as a few close friends of my mom's. We had a yummy BBQ and just visited and had a good time. It was fun to celebrate my mom's birth. She is such a wonderful person and is one of my very best friends. I really look up to her and I hope that I can be more like her. Especially when it comes to her cooking and homemaking skills! She is so generous and a lot of fun to be around and has the best laugh. She is just the best. I love you mom!
The next Thursday was the annual Parent Preschool trip to the Fire Station. Aubrey and Jensen just loved it! Carter stayed with my mom and got to have a much needed nap.
And sometime in those 3 weeks I actually took the time to attempt to do Aubrey's hair. I did not too bad!
It helps that I have such a cute subject.
And finally, on the 14th of May, the kids and I got to jump on a plane and fly to Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island! My dad drove us to the airport bright and early. We left the house at 3:30am so that we could be at the airport by 6:30 to catch our 8:30 flight. Yes, I flew with all 3 children by myself. The thought of flying with the 3 kids by myself never actually worried me but it seemed to amaze other people that I would actually attempt it. To be honest I feel like Aubrey and Jensen are at ages where they can be helpful and they listen fairly well and so Carter was my main worry. I am happy to report that all 3 kids did fantastic! I got quite a few compliments on how well behaved my kids were and how that reflected on me as a mother. That certainly made my day! Especially since I can be really hard on myself as I know most mothers are. Carter surprised me most of all! He decided to entertain all the people sitting near us. He also made friends with one of the flight attendants. He's quite the charmer, that one! What makes that surprising is that he is usually more standoffish about people that aren't "his people". I guess he decided to be Mr. Social that day! Aubrey and Jensen surprised me too! They slept on the entire flight from Toronto to Charlottetown. I couldn't have asked for things to go any more smoothly. When we landed Chris was right there waiting for us when we got off the plane. The kids and I are so glad to be reunited with him and we are so excited to spend the next 6 or so weeks in PEI!
"What on earth happened?!" I asked him. "Aubrey cut my hair!" Was his response. By this time Aubrey had joined us. All she had to say for herself was, "I didn't think you would notice!" Ha! She only cut off all his bangs (or whatever you call it for a boy) right up to the scalp. With dull children's scissors I might add. I'm just thankful it was his hair and not hers. Boys can get away with a buzz cut. Girls, not so much. He did get it fixed over a week later and it looks so much better. I was planning on buzzing both the boys' hair before the summer anyway. Jensen and Carter pull off buzz cuts quite nicely!
On Thursday afternoons the kids and I go to the Parent Link Center for our Parent Preschool class and that week was no different. Carter stayed with my mom to have a nap as he was still very sick and the big kids and I got to enjoy the afternoon together. Jensen had fallen asleep about 15 minutes before we left (remember that he's a sleepy guy) but I knew that if I didn't wake him and take him he would have quite the tantrum when he woke up so I did wake him and take him. He wasn't himself all afternoon and he kept asking for his blanket. He even came in for a little snuggle during my parent class. He did go back to his class after a bit. When I came out from my class to join the kids I found him like this:
He has fallen asleep in some pretty crazy places but this was definitely the first time he has fallen asleep at PPS. That evening he got a really high fever and did a lot of sleeping but when he woke up in the morning he was back to his normal self again. I was really thankful that there was no puking involved. Almost a week later the same thing happened to Aubrey! She was really sleepy one day and got a really high fever and then was fine the next day. No puke. Thank goodness.
It was my mom's 60th birthday on May 2nd so we celebrated it the following Saturday with my brothers' families and my family as well as a few close friends of my mom's. We had a yummy BBQ and just visited and had a good time. It was fun to celebrate my mom's birth. She is such a wonderful person and is one of my very best friends. I really look up to her and I hope that I can be more like her. Especially when it comes to her cooking and homemaking skills! She is so generous and a lot of fun to be around and has the best laugh. She is just the best. I love you mom!
The next Thursday was the annual Parent Preschool trip to the Fire Station. Aubrey and Jensen just loved it! Carter stayed with my mom and got to have a much needed nap.
And sometime in those 3 weeks I actually took the time to attempt to do Aubrey's hair. I did not too bad!
It helps that I have such a cute subject.
















2 comments:
Hooray! I'm so excited to sit here and read all of these updates! I hope you LOVE being in PEI. It is so beautiful there! You did such a cute job on Aubrey's hair. She's growing up WAY too fast!!
okay, I have so much to catch up on! You are in PEI? Cool. I've always wanted to go there since I loved Anne of Green Gables and read it many times. Horray for a good flight on your own. It's always nice when things so smoothly and you can feel like a good mom and you have taught your kids well. I know exactly what you mean. Okay, I'm going to keep reading.....
Post a Comment