Sunday, 10 August 2008

Surprise!

Today is officially dubbed the best day ever! Or pretty close anyway... It started out as a usual Sunday with getting ready and heading off to church. Sacrament meeting was the usual, but things got interesting in Sunday School when Jess leaned over and said that he just got a call from my house on his cell phone. This was weird as nobody was home, but my mom and I did leave the door unlocked so we started to panic a little bit. Jess and my mom decided to head over to my place to check it out and make sure I wasn't being robbed or something. While they were gone I started thinking how it had to be somebody who knew Jess, otherwise they wouldn't have called his cell phone so we didn't need to worry about being robbed. Then a light turned on in my head and I said to Cheryl that maybe it was Chris! But my dreams were dashed when mom and Jess showed up and said, very convincingly I might add, that there was nobody at the house, nothing was wrong, and that the phone must be doing something weird. I felt disappointed, but I just let it pass and did my Relief Society duties without another thought of it. But on our way home the weird situation just popped into my thoughts again I talked about how odd it was that Jess got that call and how our phone has been doing such bizarre things lately. Then we walked in the door at at the top of the steps was Aubrey's Tickle Me Elmo (which was left in Virginia). Chris was home! I ran downstairs thinking that he would be napping but he was upstairs waiting. Aubrey got to see him first and was so happy to see him, but not as happy as I was! I cried, I'm not going to lie. It's the best feeling in the world being back together as a family. I can't believe that he's here. He left Friday afternoon and pulled into his parent's place last night at midnight then drove here this morning at around 9:30. What's funny is I have talked to him a few times since he's been on the road and I didn't even catch on. What a wonderful surprise!

9 comments:

Skye said...

That is the sweetest story ever! So happy you have your family all together again!!!!!

Darren said...

so glad he's home ... and safe. enjoy your time before baby comes!

ec said...

that was actually me.

i'm sure darren is glad he's home too though;)

Anonymous said...

Awww... I am so happy for you! How sweet is that story. I am so glad that he got home before the baby got here! AWWW.... that's just all I can say!

carly said...

What a wonderful day!! I am so happy for you! Must be the most wonderful thing being back together. I loved seeing you the other day! you are such a sweetheart! Love you TONS!

kelsey said...

yea! i'm so happy for you. i can't even imagine how it would be to be apart for that long. gross. but now it's over!!!! can't wait to see the new baby. just get him out. now. thanks.

Ashley Smith said...

What a wonderful man. I am suprised he could wait to see you until after church. I am so happy for you guys. On a side note I belive that yes you do know her, quite well.

Kristy said...

Cute! I love surprises like that!

kelsey said...

i just looked at your count-down-to-baby and i can't believe you're so close! ah. maybe you're having him right now, and I don't even know it... hehehe. I can't wait until you do, and then post about it. I also can't wait to hear what name you decide on!