Wednesday, 18 May 2011
Solids!
I finally got around to starting Carter on solids! A mere 8 days before he turned 7 months. I don't know why I was having such a hard time getting started. I guess it just goes back to being in denial that my baby is getting older. I don't like it! What got me motivated was going to a "puree party" where a bunch of moms with babies each brought a fruit and/or vegetable that they had pureed and we swapped. So I came away with a bunch of homemade baby foods for Carter to eat. Who knew homemade was so easy? I don't know why I didn't just make baby food before! Anyway...
I read a bunch of stuff on starting a baby on solids and I learned that starting a baby with rice cereal is completely unnecessary and that the best foods to start a baby on are avocados or bananas so I decided to go with avocados. Carter, well, he didn't hate them. He was just more interested on eating his bib than the food. Since then he has tried sweet potatoes (he kind of liked them), green beans (HATED them), and now carrots (LOVES them). Now on to try some fruits. And maybe some rice cereal... eventually.
Posted by Ashley at 22:14
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
He is so cute. I can't believe how old he is getting too. Are you guys out on the coast? Maybe just email me. I wish we lived closer together.
Smithmumma@gmail.com
Haha. I love that picture! He is such a cutie!
I rarely give Calee rice cereal. She hates the stuff so I pretty much never give it to her. Haha. But I might have to try making baby food by myself! Nifty idea! Thanks!
interesting, always thought that you had to start rice cereal first. Makes sense though now that I think about it that why can't they try veggies and fruits first? Maybe guess they just promote the cereal for allergy risks and make sure the kids are getting the iron they need?
I never did rice cereal with Josh because he hated it and would puke after eating it all the time. I thought why force it? He loved all other food. Carter is adorable. I love his little face!
yay for making your own baby food! you are a good mumma! my friend always said that she never did rice cereal b/c it was unnecessary..quite interesting...seems to be something everyone does b/c everyone else does it! anyways hope you have been surviving being a single mom! if you need anything - call me!
Post a Comment