Saturday morning the kids and I packed up, got in the car, and started our long trip home. I was planning on just trying to do it straight and just pull over in little rest stops to snooze as needed, but my parent's wouldn't hear of it and got me a hotel in Idaho Falls.
On our way we stopped in Provo to visit our friends Wayne and Angel and I finally got to meet and snuggle their baby Miles. He was so cute and so tiny and all around darling. It was so fun to catch up with Wayne and Angel too. I wish they lived closer.
From there we headed straight to Idaho Falls. We of course had to make a couple of stops for potty breaks and so I could nurse Carter. When we pulled up to our "hotel" at about 8:45 I was a little taken aback. My mom had booked it with Hotels.com (but over the phone) and they told her it was comparable to a Best Western and it was half the price! They also told her it was down town close to the temple and across from a park. The truth was that it was more like a motel, it was quite grungy, it definitely hadn't been updated since the early 80's, the temple wasn't all that close, it was not a very nice area, and I don't remember seeing a park! And did I mention that the neighbors had a very yappy dog? But it was free for us and a place to lay our heads so I just laughed and thought it would be part of our adventure! The kids definitely loved it. Jensen has never stayed in a hotel before and Aubrey was about 6 months old when she did. I was very pleasantly surprised at how quickly they fell asleep considering how excited they were. Carter was out in 10 seconds! We slept in until 8.30 and I was hoping to get to the free continental breakfast, but it was over at 9 so we missed out. I'm sort of glad we did though. I can only imagine what they served!
A & J in their bed
We were on our way home by 10 and we only stopped to get gas and have potty and nursing breaks. We stopped one final time in Shelby at Pizza Hut to have something other than just our snacking foods and man is Pizza Hut in the US nasty! I am never going there again! We finally made it home by 8:30, the kids went right to bed, I unloaded the car, and then crashed myself. It was bitter sweet to be home. I definitely love having my own space back but I am missing the warm weather and having so much help from my parents. I just can't wait to go back!

3 comments:
Glad you made it home safe and sound! My kids love staying in hotels as well!
you seriously amaze me. I can't believe you all slept until 8:30. nice. I am also missing sunshine right about now. . .
Is Jensen picking his nose? Hahaha, what a boy! Glad you guys had fun, but WAY more glad that you're back!
Post a Comment