Monday, 24 October 2011

July 1st


Canada day! I don't think any place does Canada day quite like Raymond. The town probably triples in size for an event that, for Raymondites, is as much of a favorite holiday as Christmas!

Every year that the kids and I have been around we have watched the parade with the Shurtz's so this year I decided that we should watch it with the Jensens. My sister, Amber, was here with her kids so that definitely helped with the decision. We all watched the parade in front of my Aunt Cindy's house which is prime placement. The kids got lots of candy and had a blast. I think the only part they didn't like was when the Stirling Haunted House van came by. The extremely tall creature they have is pretty creepy.

After the parade we all got ready for the Jensen gathering and the pot luck lunch. It was so fun to visit with my aunts and uncles and cousins. We really don't get together enough.



Carter had a fabulous time with my cousin Josh. Josh loves babies and this baby sure loved him back!

After we had spent some time with my family it was time to spend time with Chris' family too! My mother-in-law had rented a jumper for a couple of hours so my kids got to cash in on that for a bit. Aubrey and Jensen had so much fun! They love playing with their Shurtz cousins.

Later that evening the town put on a little party. There was a couple of jumpers, hay rides, bands playing, roping (with pretend cattle), cotton candy, and much more! Aubrey and Jensen went with my dad and siblings and I came just a little bit after them. While I wasn't with them Jensen went missing while they were waiting in a very long line-up for the jumper. They found him a while later in one of the jumpers! The boy just skipped the line and got in! He's no dumb bunny!

It was so fun to run into so many of my friends especially the ones I don't get to see very often. The only damper on the evening was that I got pooped on by a seagull. So disgusting...

0 comments: