Aubrey has come a LONG way since last summer. When we went to the cabin last year Aubrey would usually just hang out in the cabin with grandma C while everyone else had fun. There was no way she would get on the boat, or the sea-doo, or the quad, and there was absolutely no way she would get into the water. She hated it all. This summer she had a big change of heart and mind with a little thanks to some peer pressure from her Edwards cousins. This summer she did it all!


Somehow we convinced Aubrey to come on the boat with us. She decided she would but she remained fully clothed because she DID NOT want to get in the water. That was a surprise in and of itself! Then there was the moment that surprised me the most... I had just finished wake boarding and Aubrey informed me that she wanted to jump to me in the water. I told her to go for it even though she was fully clothed partly because I didn't think she would do it. She did! She jumped in! I was so proud of her and I think she was pretty proud too!
Another shocker is that Aubrey wanted to get on the tube behind the boat! She must have liked it because she went on it again and again and at times it was hard to get her to come off and give other people a turn. She even got right back on after she fell off.
And then there was the quad! We could barely get her on the quad last year even if it wasn't moving! This year she actually went up on the trails with us and would be screaming to go faster and be having a jolly ol' time!
I even got her on the sea-doo!
What a girl.

0 comments:
Post a Comment