Wednesday, 3 September 2008

Before Jensen

There were a couple of outings we had with Aubrey before the arrival of our little Jensen that I didn't blog about that I wanted to post before I add anything else about him. Don't you worry, there will be plenty about him in the very near future!

First, there was the afternoon at the Splash Park. We went with our good friends, Kipp, Laura and Asher Boehme. Asher is not even a month younger than Aubrey and they get along great. Laura and I watched from the sidelines while Kipp and Chris played in the water with the kids. Aubrey wasn't too sure about it at first, but got more and more brave as time went on. It didn't take long at all, really.  






And then there was the trip to my favorite place on earth: my parent's cabin. It was a full cabin with my parents, Chris, Aubrey and me, and my parents' good friends Jon and Mary Elton who have become our good friends too.
Aubrey got to experience the wonderful world of Montana cherries for the first time. I think she liked them!

She also got to drive the boat with Grandpa.

As well as got to catch up on some quality time with "Dada"

She finally braved the wave runner and loved it too!
Chris got to show off his mad wakeboarding skills. It had been a year since he had even been to the lake. I have to admit that I was a little jealous that I couldn't wakeboard too. I guess there is always next summer *knock on wood.

Aubrey gets quite worn out on the boat and is willing to fall asleep in a persons arms. This NEVER happens. Grandma got to enjoy some snuggle time with our little Breezy.

Jon and Mary got to experience the waver runner. I think they loved it as much as the rest of us do!

Chris learned how to drive the boat. He did a great job!

My dad is a bit of a maniac and will cliff jump and rope swing even when nobody else has the guts to do it. I think Jon would have joined him on the cliff if he had brought proper shoes...

But Jon did join in on the rope swing action.
Me and my little girl. Can you tell that she is way tired? I think she got some sunscreen in her eyes as well. Poor thing.

We only had the one day on the lake (yes, we fit all this into one afternoon) as the weather was cool and rainy for the rest of the week. The guys did catch a few of rounds golf and went quading and street biking. Us gals got to enjoy a couple of days of shopping. It was a fun week and I can't wait until we can do it again!

1 comments:

kelsey said...

i am so jealous of the cabin! and i don't remember if i commented about jensen, but he's adorable, and good sized little chunk too eh? love the "knock on wood" comment! ha.... can't wait for more!