Every year "Grandma Great Shurtz" hosts a little Easter gathering and we
were able to go this year! It was held on Good Friday so we headed over right after
lunch. Aubrey and Jensen love going over to Grandma and Grandpa Great
Shurtz's to see all the cousins and play. I do too. The kids got to
colour Easter eggs and had such a great time doing it. I was amazed that
I got to just sit back and let them have at it. They did a great job. Even if they had a hard time being patient and just letting the eggs sit in the dye.
After the eggs were all decorated a few of the adults and big kids hid the eggs around the back yard for the littler kids to find. When they were done with that all the kids disappeared and played while the adults sat around and visited. We had a yummy supper too. When it was close to bed time Chris took Jensen and Carter home and put them to bed and Aubrey and I got to stay a little later to visit longer! I'm so glad I married into such a wonderful family that I get along with.
We didn't do anything Easter-ish on Saturday. I was going to take the kids to the town Easter Egg Hunt but I... got lazy I guess. We took them into Lethbridge and wandered around Costco and Wal-Mart aimlessly for a while. It was so exciting.
On Sunday we got the kids all ready for church and while we were doing that the Easter bunny came! This was actually the first time that I was in charge of directing the Easter Bunny and it was kind of fun! The kids had a blast hunting for their candy. I didn't think they got all that much but they ate most of it before church and I'm pretty sure that contributed to their very poor behavior. They were terrible during Sacrament meeting! I was so glad to send them off to Primary to let someone else deal with them. I was subbing in Primary as the music leader and Aubrey and Jensen were OK in there but they seemed to want to cling to me the entire time. I'm glad I was only in there for the first half. I am the Relief Society chorister so I had to go attend to that duty.
When we got home Jess and Cheryl came over for dinner. We had pork wraps. Delish! Jess and Cheryl provided the meat and we provided the fixins. It worked out great. After that it was put the kids to bed early because I couldn't handle them any longer! Just kidding! Sort of...
Overall we had a terrific weekend.
P.S. It was Carter's last Sunday NOT in Nursery! I'm so excited to get to enjoy Sunday School and Relief Society again!
After the eggs were all decorated a few of the adults and big kids hid the eggs around the back yard for the littler kids to find. When they were done with that all the kids disappeared and played while the adults sat around and visited. We had a yummy supper too. When it was close to bed time Chris took Jensen and Carter home and put them to bed and Aubrey and I got to stay a little later to visit longer! I'm so glad I married into such a wonderful family that I get along with.
We didn't do anything Easter-ish on Saturday. I was going to take the kids to the town Easter Egg Hunt but I... got lazy I guess. We took them into Lethbridge and wandered around Costco and Wal-Mart aimlessly for a while. It was so exciting.
On Sunday we got the kids all ready for church and while we were doing that the Easter bunny came! This was actually the first time that I was in charge of directing the Easter Bunny and it was kind of fun! The kids had a blast hunting for their candy. I didn't think they got all that much but they ate most of it before church and I'm pretty sure that contributed to their very poor behavior. They were terrible during Sacrament meeting! I was so glad to send them off to Primary to let someone else deal with them. I was subbing in Primary as the music leader and Aubrey and Jensen were OK in there but they seemed to want to cling to me the entire time. I'm glad I was only in there for the first half. I am the Relief Society chorister so I had to go attend to that duty.
When we got home Jess and Cheryl came over for dinner. We had pork wraps. Delish! Jess and Cheryl provided the meat and we provided the fixins. It worked out great. After that it was put the kids to bed early because I couldn't handle them any longer! Just kidding! Sort of...
Overall we had a terrific weekend.
P.S. It was Carter's last Sunday NOT in Nursery! I'm so excited to get to enjoy Sunday School and Relief Society again!






1 comments:
I agree...you married into a great family! You got some really cute pics of your kids coloring eggs!
Post a Comment