Saturday, 7 April 2012

Oh Jensen

I have to say that this boy simply cracks me up. He is such a boy. Take for example last September when he was wrestling with my parent's exchange student from Norway and somehow managed to dive over Ovind and right into the corner of my mom's bookshelf. He split his left eyebrow right open, had to go to emergency, and got 5 stitches. The Doctor was amazed at how brave he was and how good he was through the whole procedure. Jensen now has a nice, manly scar. Jensen also LOVES all sports, likes to run around outside, squish bugs, pretend he has some sort of weapon, and loves to build things out of blocks.

Then there is this side of him:
He is a good sport when his big sister insists that he play princesses with her. He doesn't get to be the prince but is made to be another princess. He actually went through a phase where he loved to dress up in dresses and twirl. Now he just tolerates it.

About 6 months ago I decided to cut out Jensen's naps because I noticed he wasn't going to sleep as easily at night. It's still a hard transition for him as we will find him  a few times during the week like this:
and this:
If he doesn't fall asleep during the day, most nights he will fall asleep while I'm reading Aubrey and Jensen their bedtime story. I'm not quite sure what I should do about it. Maybe have him nap a couple of times a week or something? But I do love seeing the places he falls asleep in. I'm pretty impressed at his ability to fall asleep anywhere!

Jensen is just my boy! He doesn't want to be anywhere without me or let anyone do anything for him if it's not me. He just wants to please me too. It makes my job of parenting him easier. I simply adore him!

4 comments:

Avrey &Cody Hendrix said...

oh my... he looks so much like you!

Kelli Olsen said...

Ty was the same way! (with dressing up!) He went through a phase where he loved wearing girls shoes!

Anonymous said...

Love that boy, he must have been "ty-oid-uh" !!

Cheryl said...

That first picture made me laugh out loud! Love that boy.