Sunday, 8 April 2012

Randoms

Not too long ago (which means I'm catching up!) we got an awesome heavy snowfall. The snow was just perfect for making a snow man so I got Aubrey and Jensen bundled up and out we went! This is actually the first snowman the kids have ever made. It was a lot of fun teaching them how to roll the balls of snow and searching for rocks for the eyes and the mouth and I even let them use a real carrot for the nose. We also got in a good snowball fight and made snow angels. It was a fun activity to do while Carter was napping. I just love having a yard!

The kids with their first snowman!
Carter has a great love for his baby cousin Ethan who is almost exactly a year younger than him. Carter doesn't really care for other babies, but if Ethan is in the room, Carter has to be right there, giving him hugs and kisses and mauling the poor baby. Ethan just tolerates it. He is probably the most mellow baby I have ever seen.


At the beginning of March my parents came home for the blessing of my brother Darren's new baby boy, Drew Gibb Cahoon (II - He was named after my dad). I don't know why I don't have a picture of him. I'm feeling bothered that I don't. He is such a beautiful and sweet baby and we are so excited that Darren and Erin got a boy! The blessing my brother gave was so beautiful and I am so thankful I got to be there to hear it. It was actually inspirational in a way. It made me teary and made me want to be a better person. Seriously.

While my parents were home my kids and I made sure we got our fill of them before they left to go back to St. George. One afternoon Aubrey and Jensen got to "make" with grandma! They really love baking with her and she is so good at actually letting them participate by cracking eggs and spooning the cookies onto their own sheet. I'm not so good at that... or at baking in general! They had such a fun time. It reminded me of when I was little and got to do the very same thing with my mom with those same mini baking sets. Well, some of it's the same. The cookie sheets pictured below are new.

Jensen never ceases to amaze me with his skills.
Aubrey is quite the little perfectionist putting her crisscrosses on the top of the cookies.
The kids and I were actually lucky and got to spend even more time with Gma & Gpa Cahoon than we had originally anticipated but that is a story for another post!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm pretty sure Ethan is a pretty big fan of Carter too. It's seriously so cute when Carter is trying to get SO close!

Amber said...

I heard about Carter's love for Ethan! How cute! Can't wait to see these little treasures this summer if I make it out!

The Lowry's said...

What a fabulous idea to actually give them their own dishes and bowls etc. I'm going to do that.