Thursday, 12 April 2012

St. George 2012 Part II

On Wednesday we took the kids to our favorite splash park. The kids and I always have a fun time there. Aubrey was so concerned about finding a friend. Most kids just don't understand her aggressive ways of friend making. They just look at her funny when she asks them straight up if they want to be her friend and play with her. She was feeling pretty down about it. I managed to convince her that I am way more awesome than any friend she could ever make. That kept her happy for a while until another little girl came up to her and asked her if she wanted to play. That made Aubrey's day.



Carter the maniac of course had to have a crash. The poor boy takes after his big brother and constantly gets bumps and bruises.
As I mentioned before, I got to go to the temple that night with one of my best friends from high school. Mandy and I went out to dinner before the session and had such a fun time catching up. I'm so glad that we can still laugh and have a good time together even though we are at two very different stages in our lives with me being married and a stay at home mom of three kids and she being a single working woman. I know some people have a hard time still relating to each other when there are such huge differences.

Thursday we took the kids to a really fun playground. My mom bought Aubrey and Jensen a couple of really cute kites so I got to teach them how to fly them. Aubrey actually was really good at getting the kite up in the air and had the time of her life running around with it. Jensen lost interest really quickly and hasn't touched the kite since. I'm sad that I didn't get any pictures of it though. I took the kids to the same park a few times because we loved it so much.

Bright and early Friday morning my dad was off on another adventure to Africa. He made a mistake while booking his tickets and accidentally booked his leaving date 2 weeks earlier than he had meant too. I was really wishing I could go with him again. Someday... The kids and I also dropped my mom off at the St. George airport. She was on her way to San Jose for the weekend to attend a conference. The kids and I were going to go home around that time as well but the en route weather was supposed to be bad so we decided to wait a bit. Then we found out the Chris was going to be flying down to Provo the following weekend so we decided that I would just pick him up on my way home so that I could have another driver. It worked out perfectly.

While the kids and I were home alone at my parent's house my Aunt Linda came to the rescue to make sure that we had fun despite my parent's being gone. On Saturday she took us to a place called Jumpin' Jacks. It was basically a giant room filled with a bunch of different kinds of astro jumps! There were a few different obstacle course ones and a bunch of ones with big slides and then a regular astro jump. The kids and I had so much fun! I ran around with them and definitely got a great workout! Man these little kids have so much energy... Once again, I didn't take any pictures. I was having too much fun!

On Sunday we went to church with my Aunt Linda and Uncle Merlin. They go to a family ward that is kid friendly! Aubrey and Jensen got to go to Primary and Carter even got to try out Nursery a little early! It was funny to me to watch the different responses of my children in a strange ward. Aubrey was having a hard time going and wanted to stay with me but I managed to convince her that Primary would be more fun. Jensen was just happy to be there. He ran into the Primary room and sat right down where he was supposed to. He loves Primary.

After church and naps the kids and I went over to Aunt Linda and Uncle Merlin's for supper. Aunt Linda is one of the sweetest, most generous people I know. It was a delicious meal and it was so fun to visit with my Aunt and Uncle and my cousin Randy and his family. I finally got to meet little Zoe who is a little girl that Randy adopted from Ethiopia. She is such a beautiful little girl and Carter just loved her. He was so upset when she left he threw a little tantrum by the door.

The next day, Monday, the kids and I just laid low until it was time to pick up my mom from the air port. The rest of the week was quite laid back too. My mom did take us to see Tuacahn and Snow Canyon on the Wednesday. The kids and I had never been there before and it was really neat to see! Aubrey and Jensen even got to bring home a lava rock which was very exciting to them. They have been obsessed with volcanoes and lava lately and I have no idea how to answer their questions about it. I need to find a book about volcanoes for them...

Tuacahn is a private performing arts high school.


There is a huge theatre set into the beautiful red mountains where there are major performances. This season there is going to be Aladdin and Hairspray and a couple of others. I'm hoping I will get the chance to go down and see them in October. They run from June through October.


Snow Canyon. It was so much for everyone! I'm so glad that my kids enjoy hiking in the wilderness. Camping is definitely in our future.


On the Friday before we left my mom, the kids, and I did one last hurrah at Pioneer Park. Aubrey and Jensen that was their favorite part of the entire trip so we took them again. I didn't get any pictures of that either. Oh well. We had fun.

Some other occurrences on our trip was that Carter decided to get all independent on me. He wouldn't even let me feed him any more. That made for some messy meals. 


 We also ate out quite a bit. It's hard not to when you're in St. George. There are some really yummy places to eat! We ate at Chuck-a-Rama 4 times! The kids loved it! Carter and Jensen are free and Aubrey only costs $3 so it was worth it! But man, their peanut butter cookies and lemon cookies are deadly. I'm craving some right now.

The kids and I were sad to go home. It was hard to say bye to grandma and leave the gorgeous 25+ degree, no wind weather. We had an interesting drive home and it was so good to be reunited with Chris.

2 comments:

kelsey said...

Your trip sounds amazing, as usual. Norah is the same way with making friends, and just wants to ask everyone to be her friend and play with her. That is SO FAR from my comfort zone, I just have to take a step back and try not to squash her extroversion! lol.

I love that you brave trips with your kids alone. Sometimes, you just have to, right? People think I'm NUTS to ever drive by myself with the girls. Meh.

The Lowry's said...

Fun times! That is a neat place - Tuacahn. I went to a clogging competition there and have wanted to go back since. It was my favourite competition we went to. Oh man, there are so many fun and yummy and cheap places to eat in the states. Good thing we don't live there, between the good places to eat out and the good shopping I would be fat and broke :)