I have a FIVE-YEAR-OLD! I can hardly believe it. It feels just like yesterday that I had this tiny baby girl in my arms. And then I blinked.
In this past year, Aubrey has been invited to a few birthday parties so she had big plans for her own birthday party. The poor girl didn't realize that when we live somewhere where we don't know a soul, it's hard to make those kinds of plans happen. So Chris and I did our best to make it a special day. The night before we hung up a Happy Birthday banner and filled her room with balloons so that she would see them when she woke up. I am so glad that she is easily pleased. She was so thrilled to see all those balloons and she kept saying that it was the best day ever, over and over again as she played with her balloons.
Chris and I got her a little gift. We got her the book "Anne of Green Gables" and and Anne of Green Gables doll as well as some pencil crayons and some candy. She was thrilled.
We also sang her happy birthday and ate some cupcakes. I think that was a highlight for her.
After the cupcakes, Chris had to head off to work. The kids and I had a quiet afternoon. The big kids and I watched a movie while Carter napped and then we coloured and played. We haven't gotten to play outside in a while because the weather has been so cold and rainy but it was still a good day.
Happy 5th birthday Aubrey! Daddy and I sure do love you!


4 comments:
love you aubrey jo! i cannot believe you're five. you are smart and sweet and beautiful!
xo
auntie erin
wooo! happy birthday! what a pretty girl. and i love that she is holding her doll while blowing out her candles!
I can't believe they start Kindergarten this Fall. Time sure flies. Happy Birthday Aubrey!
That Anne of Green Gables doll is so cute! What an awesome present for her to remember this little trip.
Post a Comment