The day before we left for New Brunswick, Natasha, the kiddos, and I decided that we would go for a drive. And drive we did. We wanted to see as much of PEI as we possibly could before we had to say goodbye so we drove along eastern coastal drive. And of course we made a few quick stops along the way.
I remember my mom saying to me that she wished she had had a (street) bike while she was in PEI and I now fully understand why. The roads are windy and hilly and fun to drive in a car and would have been even more fun on a bike. Someday I would like to go back and do a bike tour of the entire island. It's officially on my bucket list. Oh, and have I mentioned how BEAUTIFUL PEI is? It is. Extremely beautiful.
Our first stop on our little drive was in a tiny little fishing village called "Victoria by the Sea". Very picturesque if you ask me.
And then we stopped in a little city called Summerside. It had a cute little Pier with cute little shops that we walked around for a bit before we grabbed some lunch at Tim Horton's. Ha.
North Cape was our next stop. It is at the northernmost tip of PEI and there are A LOT of wind mills around this community. I have never seen larger ones either. HUGE!
The Beaches around here were just beautiful. I would have loved to spend more time here but the cold and the rain put a damper on that. Not to mention the sleepy, grumpy kiddos.
We basically did a giant loop around the eastern end of Prince Edward Island. We saw most of the central part and I would have loved to of driven the western coastal drive but we were out of time. I will go back though. I seriously fell in love with that little island. And the people. So did the kids.
I remember my mom saying to me that she wished she had had a (street) bike while she was in PEI and I now fully understand why. The roads are windy and hilly and fun to drive in a car and would have been even more fun on a bike. Someday I would like to go back and do a bike tour of the entire island. It's officially on my bucket list. Oh, and have I mentioned how BEAUTIFUL PEI is? It is. Extremely beautiful.
Our first stop on our little drive was in a tiny little fishing village called "Victoria by the Sea". Very picturesque if you ask me.
And then we stopped in a little city called Summerside. It had a cute little Pier with cute little shops that we walked around for a bit before we grabbed some lunch at Tim Horton's. Ha.
North Cape was our next stop. It is at the northernmost tip of PEI and there are A LOT of wind mills around this community. I have never seen larger ones either. HUGE!
The Beaches around here were just beautiful. I would have loved to spend more time here but the cold and the rain put a damper on that. Not to mention the sleepy, grumpy kiddos.
We basically did a giant loop around the eastern end of Prince Edward Island. We saw most of the central part and I would have loved to of driven the western coastal drive but we were out of time. I will go back though. I seriously fell in love with that little island. And the people. So did the kids.










2 comments:
Love it! My aunt and grandparents live in Summerside. Such a beautiful place. I'll join you on your bike ride! :)
love the lighthouses and the little shops and the ocean and the red sand and everything. what an incredible place to spend some time!
Post a Comment