Sunday, 24 June 2012

Goodbye PEI

Hello New Brunswick.

We had a change of plans forced upon us and we had to leave for New Brunswick a week early. I actually got a call on Wednesday from Chris telling me that we would have to pack up that day and leave for Miramichi as we were getting kicked out of the apartments. I received that phone call on the way to Green Gables. I was not impressed. Somehow our manager worked his magic and was able to convince the property manager to let us stay until Sunday. I don't know why she thought she had the right to kick us out of the apartments considering we were great tenants and had paid the rent for that time. I guess she knew that everyone was gone except Natasha and the kids and I and she wanted us out so she could rent out those apartments and get more money. That's beside the point. I am thankful that we got to enjoy our day at Green Gables without the stress of having to go home early to pack up and head out that night but I was still sad that our time in PEI was cut short. There was so much more I would have liked to do.

So yesterday it was a mad dash to get all the laundry, cleaning, and packing done. We did it and we left Charlottetown for the 3 hour drive to Miramichi at about 7 pm. We got to drive over the Confederation Bridge which was pretty neat. It's windy and was built that way on purpose so that drivers would be less likely to fall asleep. Smart thinking! It's a 15 minute drive across. It rained the entire trip so the roads and visibility weren't the greatest. We made it safe and sound to the hotel right on time and we were so happy to be back together with Chris! However, we miss PEI A LOT and really miss apartment living. Living in a hotel for the next 3 weeks is going to be interesting...

2 comments:

ec said...

ashley! you're doing an amazing job at documenting your time out there ... thank you!! we will miss you a ton this weekend, & will be thinking of you.

give the kids hugs from us.

good luck with hotel living. yikes.

kelsey said...

wow. hotel living. seems fun for a day or two . . . lol. good luck! making memories, right?