It was another dreary day here in PEI. Cloudy, cold, and wet. So I thought I would reminisce some more about warmer days.
Two weeks ago Saturday the kids and I along with our friend Natasha decided to take advantage of the warm, sunny weather and find a beach. We jumped in the car and simply drove, following the signs, to a beach. We found a gem of a beach in one of the provincial parks on the island. Brackley Beach.
It was such a gorgeous day and the beach was beautiful! The sand was warm and so soft on our feet. And it was RED! I can't get over the redness of the dirt and the sand here. These pictures don't even show how red the sand is. It must be the lighting.
Lighthouse! I love lighthouses and they are everywhere here!
The kids found a lot of seashells!
| First time sticking their toes in the ocean. It was cold! |
I am so excited for the time when we can actually spend a full day at the beach, in our swimsuits, enjoying the heat and the water. Apparently the water here warms up to be warmer than an olympic swimming pool! C'mon warm weather!


2 comments:
what an amazing experience!
You guys are going to have a fabulous summer.
The red beaches are UNREAL! Most of Claire's clothes were ruined and stained because I couldn't get the redness out haha. I'm so glad you are having a great summer, enjoy every minute of it, rainy or not! :)
Post a Comment