I am pleased to report that the weather has been gorgeous for the last few days! So today we took advantage and took a tour of Charlottetown and the harbour on the Harbour Hippo! The kids were so excited and had so much fun. I really enjoyed it too. I actually learned quite a bit! Our tour guide was very fun and enthusiastic and very knowledgeable. I'm always amazed at the information these tour guides retain. I guess when you're spouting it off everyday it would eventually stick.
We were the first ones there so our tour guide took the kids around the Hippo and explained to them how it worked. They were a great audience and completely enthralled.
The kiddos could not wait to get on the Hippo!
And when we got on, they couldn't wait to get going!
The Hippo started out on land and we toured around historic downtown Charlottetown and Victoria Park. It is such a beautiful area. There are so many Heritage Homes just in Charlottetown and they are so beautiful. And the architecture of some of the buildings is so cool. I love history so this tour was right up my alley.
![]() |
| This is a great Fish & Chips place. It's the first restaurant I ate at on the island! |
After the tour of downtown the hippo went right down into the water and we got a tour of the Harbour. Charlottetown is even beautiful looking at it from the water.
This was a great activity for the kids. They loved it! I think it is even safe to say that this tour was the highlight of our trip so far. Aubrey commented that she wanted to go again! I told her that she needed to get a job then...
So we got a picture with our tour guide and said goodbye to the Harbour Hippo.











2 comments:
so fun! i wish we were there!!
also, carter looks so old! tell him to stop it. he's going to be a teenager by the time you get back!
good luck over the next little while! you'll do great...
miss you.
This looks so fun! Sucks that you have to be away from Chris for a couple of weeks. You'll do great though.
Post a Comment