Saturday, 7 July 2012

Solong Miramichi

It is our last night here in Miramichi. We leave for Fredericton tomorrow morning. No, we are not moving into our apartments quite yet. We are moving into another hotel. Only one more week!

So in commemoration of our time in Miramichi I thought I would post about how we have spent our time here.

One afternoon, Natasha and I decided to take a walk along the Strawberry Marsh Trail which is right by our hotel. It's a really pretty trail with a lot of wetland areas and it's right along the Miramichi River. We were having a nice little walk when all of a sudden there was a torrential down poor! All of us got absolutely soaked! And we were quite a ways away from the hotel at this point but we were right next to the highway. I decided to phone Chris (who had the car) to see if he could pick us up. He wasn't able to get to where we were so we had to hike back down to the trail and make our way back the way we came. The rain eventually stopped so we were able to dry off a little bit before we got back to the hotel, but not much. I was amazed at how well the kids handled it. It's really funny looking back on it now! I should have got some pictures of how wet we were. I was wearing my leather flip flops too...

A favorite spot we went to was the French Fort Park. The kids always love a good playground. And it's beautiful there!


Aubrey and Jensen are getting pretty good at the monkey bars!


One of the places we ate a few times (there aren't a whole lot of options) is Pizza delight. The kids love the pirate hats they get there!


We found another park at Ritchi's Wharf. It's right on the Miramichi River and it has a spray park. It also has flying foxes! I haven't seen these in years! Aubrey and Jensen got really brave on them and love them!


Rubadubdub 3 kids in the tiny hotel tub.


We eventually tried out the Ritchi's Wharf spray park. We all had a blast even though the water was freezing! I think Aubrey wins the bravest person award! She was the first to stand right under the buckets to get dumped on!




Today we finally got to hike some trails around French Fort. It's so beautiful! I'm so glad my kids enjoy hiking. We had a lot of fun exploring the trails in the woods.









Another restaurant with fun things for kids. Jungle Jim's! I just had to get a picture of Jensen in the mask. Too funny!


Looking back, Miramichi wasn't so bad. Our time here has gone by fairly fast. I think the hardest thing is that it has been raining a lot and we have been stuck in our little hotel room with not a whole lot to do. The eating out twice a day hasn't been my favorite either. I'm looking forward to living in Fredericton and having more options (like an indoor swimming pool for when it rains and a Moksha Yoga Studio!!!) as well as getting away from the town of Alan Legere - The Monster of Miramichi. Haven't heard of him? YouTube it and watch the documentary and remember that that's the place we have lived for the past 2 weeks!

2 comments:

Kelli Olsen said...

What an adventure you guys are having. Its fun exploring new places. We missed you guys Canada Day.

kelsey said...

I love hotels, because I've never had to live in one. You are definitely making the most of it. An indoor pool will be a nice addition! I feel your pain having to eat out so much. It just gets gross, doesn't it? Are there even little fridges and microwaves in your room?!?!?